Bet You’ve Never Had A Blind Date This Bad

Take the worst blind date story you have ever heard, multiply it by ten, and it is still not close to this. A teenage boy in China was so disappointed by the appearance of his blind date that he went home and hanged himself afterwards.

The two met on the popular QQ messaging site, and had been talking for a few weeks before meeting. The girl said she was 19 years old, beautiful, and went by the name “Flying Skirt,” or Quanjiaofeiyang in Chinese. When they met, it turned out she was 27 and…..uhmmmm, how can I put this….”homely”. The boy turned around and went straight home, got very quiet, and lost his appetite. Four days later, he hanged himself from a tree.

A few things stick out about this story. One is that they were only in touch for a few weeks before, how could he have been that attached? Perhaps the skewed girl to guy ratio left him feeling desperate.

Also, this had to seriously mess up the girl psychologically. Before reading this, I thought the worse that could happen is having an ex turn gay or lesbian, but this is a whole new level. Granted, she lied about her age and looks, but nobody deserves this.

At the end of the day, this story is pretty extreme and reminds us a few things. One is that whatever our relationship drama is, keep it in perspective because it is not that bad. Another thing is it is these extreme stories that remind us that these are the exceptions with blind dating and most of our experiences will be much more positive than negative.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Bet You’ve Never Had A Blind Date This Bad”

1. Daniel Paul Young
    April 7, 2010 at 6:54 pm #

Very true.
    The Girl should have come clean about how old she was.
    I can’t wait untill my blind date 😉
    Literally, I am going to be so different, not even my date will recognise me !!!!.
    I am so going to have to find a way to make a temporary vagina out of my penis !!
    I wish I could have a vagina so badly, I desire so badly for a penis to be inside of me thrusting up and down hard.
    I need a man so bad, I just need to taste the whole in my mouth !!!!

2. Love
    April 7, 2010 at 10:33 pm #

Poor boy. He must have expected much or having other problems aside from that. I heard there’s a high rate of committing suicide in China though.

3. FB
    April 8, 2010 at 10:41 pm #

Man, those chinese have big suicidal tendencies. Parents should look up to their children and guide them dearly. Life is all about ups and downs and we should learn to pick up the pieces once we’re broken.

4. SK
    April 11, 2010 at 7:07 pm #

Maybe that’s why some guys think they never heard from me again after our first date?

I’ve had some nightmarish ones – from one that admitted he was a convicted sex offender (on a child), to multiple ones that used photos that were either seriously photoshopped or were not them at all, to ones where their wives called me later asking me who I was, to one that said he just poured bleach in his aquarium because moving the fish would have been too much trouble, to one that still lived with his mother, to one that admitted he was wearing dirty ladies panties and could I give him mine?

However, it’s those moments that I realize that I will continue to have writing material…

5. Jen Sia
    April 12, 2010 at 11:07 pm #

Wakey wakey Chinese people. There’s more to life than just killing yourselves. Life is about having problems and learning how to deal with it.

6. Losera
    April 13, 2010 at 10:31 pm #

Gosh. That blind date turned out to be one big nightmare. I wonder how that girl would react when she finds out about the committed suicide.